Heave Ho Coffee Club
Head roasters choice: December
At Heave Ho coffee we are constantly getting in new beans from all over the world and we want to take our audience on the same journey that we're on. Thus the creation of the roasters choice.
This Month's coffee: Espresso blend
It finally feels like winter time and there's nothing more comforting than a good strong cup of coffee with a flavor that could be mixed into a hot cocoa or delicious enough to stand by itself. So this month’s Roaster’s Choice is our espresso blend that we use at the shop every day.
It's a combination of a high altitude Columbian for acidity, medium altitude Colombian for body and an El Salvador for that wonderful comforting aroma that coffee lovers have always enjoyed. We've attached our favorite winter recipe that we know will go great with the season. Stay warm! Happy holidays!
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee (we recommend using a French press)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract or 1/2 peppermint candy cane or peppermint syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired
- In a small saucepan, add milk, cocoa and sugar. Heat over medium heat until small bubbles begin to form around the edge and sugar has dissolved
- Stir in espresso, mint extract and vanilla and remove from heat (if using a candy cane, be sure to let it melt completely.)
- Serve in a large mug and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired.